Physical Science (PS)
Topic: Matter and Forms of Energy
This topic focuses on the relationship between matter and energy. Matter has specific properties and is found in all substances on Earth. Heat is a familiar form of energy that can change the states of matter.
· All objects and substances in the natural world are composed of matter.
· Matter exists in different states, each of which has different properties.
· Heat, electrical energy, light, sound and magnetic energy are forms of energy.
Life Science (LS)
Topic: Behavior, Growth and Changes
This topic explores life cycles of organisms and the relationship between the natural environment and an organism’s (physical and behavioral) traits, which affect its ability to survive and reproduce.
· Offspring resemble their parents and each other.
· Individuals of the same kind differ in their traits and sometimes the differences give individuals an advantage in surviving and reproducing.
· Plants and animals have life cycles that are part of their adaptations for survival in their natural environments.