Science Academic Content Standards >> Grade 2
Earth and Space Science (ESS)
Topic: The Atmosphere
· This topic focuses on air and water as they relate to weather and weather changes that can be observed and measured.
· The atmosphere is made up of air.
· Water is present in the air
· Long- and short-term weather changes occur due to changes in energy.
Physical Science (PS)
Topic: Changes in Motion
· This topic focuses on observing the relationship between forces and motion.
· Forces change that motion of an object.
Life Science (LS)
Topic: Interactions within Habitats
· This topic focuses on how ecosystems work by observations of simple interactions between the biotic/living and abiotic/nonliving parts of an ecosystem. Just as living things impact the environment in which they live, the environment impacts living things.
· Living things cause changes on Earth.
· Some kinds of individuals that once lived on Earth have completely disappeared, although they were something like others that are alive today.