Welcome to the Lockland Local Schools Superintendent's webpage. My name is Bob Longworth and I am the proud Superintendent of Lockland Local Schools. I have enjoyed nearly 20 years of experience in public education as a middle school teacher, a high school assistant principal, an elementary, middle school and high school principal, as well as an Assistant Superintendent.
I worked within the Cincinnati Public Schools and the Reading Community City Schools prior to joining Lockland as the K-12 Head Principal in 2016. After a year in the principal role, I was promoted as the Assistant Superintendent. After serving the district in that capacity for two years, I was promoted to the Superintendent position in July of 2019.
Our district is rich in history and pride having served students and families since 1851. Lockland Schools is one of the oldest school districts in the state of Ohio and the accomplishments of our alumni have quite literally changed the world. We are a very small district that has left a very large mark and we will undoubtedly continue to do so for a very long time. During the past 165 years we have graduated students who went on to become world renowned doctors, lawyers, educators, first responders, elected leaders, and military heroes. Our graduates include the first African-American Navy Seal, the scientists who developed life saving medications, authors of stories for several Academy Award nominated movies, professional performers and many others who enjoyed successful careers as professional athletes. We have also fielded a number of state championship teams and athletes in addition to sending countless students to college on both academic and athletic scholarships.
In addition to our history, I am also proud of the many recent accolades and accomplishments within our district and I am looking forward to many more in years to come. Since 2016, Lockland Local Schools has:
- Updated all curriculum and resources for all students in grades K-12 and invested in relevant on-going and job-embedded professional learning for all staff
- Acquired 21st century learning technology for all students and staff - we are now a one-to-one district with Google Chromebooks, we have increased network capabilities and developed a technology strategic plan to guide future growth
- Developed and implemented a K-12 Local Literacy Plan that is guiding the work we do in literacy in all grade levels and content areas
- Increased our four-year graduation rate by over 15%
- Recognized as a Momentum Award recipient from the Ohio Department of Education on two separate occasions as a result of our student growth on the state assessments
- Awarded $2.1 million in competitive grants at the local, state and federal levels:
- 21st Century Community Learning Center grant ($850,000 award)
- Innovative Strategies grant ($100,000 award)
- School Quality Improvement grants x's 3 ($965,000 award)
- School Improvement 1003 grant ($150,000 award)
- Positive Behavior Intervention Supports grant ($5000 award)
- University of Cincinnati Literacy Lab Grant ($15,000 award)
- Attorney General Safety grant ($3,000 award)
- We Thrive / Hamilton County Public Health Department grant ($2,500 award)
This year we have an intense focus on raising our students' academic achievement. Through the alignment of our goals, strategies and action steps within our Local Literacy Plan, our Multi-Tiered System of Supports and our Comprehensive Continuous Improvement Plan, are striving to be the highest-performing small-school districts in the state of Ohio.
As always, thank you for your support of Lockland Local Schools. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly by phone at 513-563-5000 or via email at email@example.com